and Values of the SBRLT
Our mission is to protect and maintain the natural and agricultural resources of the Sutter Buttes and the surrounding region for present and future generations.
- the natural and scenic qualities of the Sutter Buttes and surrounding region;
- land capable of long-term food, fiber and/or timber production;
- ranchlands, grazing lands and grasslands;
- unique and/or ecologically significant natural areas and wildlife habitat, including riparian waterways, and threatened/endangered species;
- land that facilitates wildlife movement, including corridors that provide connectivity between core habitat areas;
- the public benefits provided to the entire community and future generations, through land conservation efforts;
- the land forever by being financially responsible and creating a sustainable organization.
2. IDENTIFY important farmland and natural areas that preserve and enhance the unique characteristics of our three county region;
3. EDUCATE & PROMOTE local stewardship, sense of place, and land ethics through public education and outreach to local agencies/organizations;
4. BUILD PARTNERSHIPS with landowners, community leaders, and developers to balance conservation with economic growth, flood protection, and water quality to help plan better communities;
5. RESPECT one another and our partners, landowners, donors and community members with dignity, respect, and integrity. Carry out ethical transactions with landowners and other parties.
6. STEWARD and manage our region’s natural resources.
7. COLLABORATE and partner with landowners, public agencies, local organizations, and businesses to enhance our efforts on a landscape scale.
Increase awareness through supporting education, and conservation programs.
Build partnerships to balance conservation with economic growth, flood protection & agriculture
Provide the resources to create extraordinary opportunities and preserve the Sutter Buttes legacy.
Property is more than just real estate. It is a legacy, a part of family heritage.