LATEST NEWS AND INFORMATION
14th Annual Calendar Photo Contest Accepting Submissions
The Sutter Buttes Regional Land Trust has begun planning for the 2019 The Sutter Buttes calendar and invites you to participate by submitting photos for consideration. Deadline for submissions will be Friday, April 13, 2018.
Every year, we receive hundreds of photos from extremely talented photographers in the Northern California area, and it is this high caliber of artistic photos that have helped make this annual calendar fundraiser a huge success. Proceeds from the sales of this calendar help to fund the efforts of the non-profit organization to protect the land and natural resources of the Sutter Buttes and surrounding region for present and future generations.
Please note that some of our submission guidelines have been updated.
We are looking for images that capture the natural beauty of the Sutter Buttes region. Scenes can include, but are not limited to, the Sutter Buttes Mountains, local farm lands highlighting farming operations or activities, native fauna and flora, geological features, waterfowl habitats, unique natural or weather aerials or landscapes. Images that are obviously or heavily filtered, altered, or manipulated will not be considered. This year’s theme is life in the Buttes so special consideration will be made for photos that contain animals, birds and reptiles.
All submissions are judged for originality, expression and quality. Each month features a full page photo and several thumbnails. All featured photographers will receive full recognition as well as complimentary calendars. Photos will be chosen and photographers contacted by May 14th.
If you have any questions, please contact us at (530) 755-3568 or by email at Photos@SutterButtesLandTrust.org.
We look forward to seeing your submissions!
Submission Requirements & Directions
Deadline: April 13, 2018
Images must be:
1. Cropped or formatted to 8 ½ x 11 high resolution at 300dpi, saved as a jpeg or tiff
2. Name image files thus: Last name_ 2019 calendar_ number (1,2,3, etc.)
3. Must be accompanied by a signed non-exclusive license release form.
4. Cell phone camera images will not be accepted.
1. *PREFERRED METHOD:
Online via dropbox.com or hightail.com to Photos@SutterButtesLandTrust.org
2. A CD or DVD to:
Sutter Buttes Regional Land Trust
PO Box 3359
Yuba City, CA 95992
1. All photographers chosen for a full page will receive 3 complimentary calendars, full recognition, and their biography included in the back. The photographer chosen for the cover will also receive a gift certificate for 1 free hike of their choice good for 1 year.
2. All photographers chosen for thumbnails will receive 1 complimentary calendar and recognition.
3. All photographers included in the calendar will be invited to the Photographer’s Reception in the early fall (exact date to be announced) at the Sutter Community Museum with an official unveiling of the calendar and a chance for the photographers to showcase another piece of original artwork at their discretion.
Tips for a successful submission:
1. Do not overly edit any images or use excessive enhancements. If they look edited, we won’t use them.
2. Send as many images as you’d like. The more we have to look at, the better your chances are for selection. Images with the Buttes in them in some capacity will take preference for a main month image.
3. Do not send large files via email. Our server will reject the email.
Contact Joe Reusser or Kim Mansfield at (530) 755-3568 or Photos@SutterButtesLandTrust.org