Preserving our lands and heritage through land conservation
Thank you to all our contributing Photographers! we so appreciate you!
A special thank you to Tom Taylor for our 2022/23 Calendar Cover Photo and our website header.
and other information
The Sutter Buttes Regional Land Trust has begun planning for the 2024 Sutter Buttes Calendar and invites you to participate by submitting photos for consideration. Deadline for submissions will be April 28, 2023.
Every year, we receive hundreds of photos from extremely talented photographers in the Northern California area, and it is this high quality of artistic photos that has helped make this annual calendar fundraiser a huge success. Proceeds from the sales of this calendar help to fund the efforts of the non-profit organization to protect the land and natural resources of the Sutter Buttes and surrounding region for present and future generations.
NEW! Student Submission Photo Contest
We have reserved one month of the calendar to specifically feature a student photographer’s work. If you are student up through high school, have a student, or teach students and would like to submit photos for consideration, please be sure to submit your work with the notation “student submission”, which will be judged separately from other photographers submissions! The winner will receive a free hike gift certificate to be used with Middle Mountain Interpretive Hikes.
Please note that some of our submission guidelines have been updated. We are looking for images that capture the natural scenic beauty of the Sutter Buttes and the surrounding regions. Scenes should include but are not limited to, the Sutter Buttes, local farmlands highlighting farming operations or activities in and around the Sutter Buttes, native fauna and flora, geological features, waterfowl habitats, unique natural or weather aerials or landscapes of the Sutter Buttes.
All submissions are judged for originality, expression, and quality. Each month features a full-page photo and several thumbnails. All featured photographers will receive full recognition as well as complimentary calendars. Photos will be chosen and photographers contacted by May 26, 2023.
If you have any questions, please contact us at (530) 755-3568 or by email at Photos@SutterButtesLandTrust.org.
We look forward to seeing your submissions!
Submission Requirements & Directions
Deadline: April 28, 2023. Finalists will be chosen and notified by May 26, 2023
Images must be:
- Cropped or formatted to 8 ½ x 11 high resolution at 300dpi
- Name image files thus: Last name_ 2023 calendar_ number (1,2,3, etc.)
- Be accompanied by a signed non-exclusive license release form
- Cell phone camera images will not be accepted
- Online via dropbox.com or filemail.com to Info@SutterButtesLandTrust.org
- A CD or DVD to:
Sutter Buttes Regional Land Trust
PO Box 3359
Yuba City, CA 95992
- All photographers chosen for a full page will receive 3 complimentary calendars, full recognition, and their biography included in the back. The photographer chosen for the cover will also receive a special gift and the photographer chosen for the student submission with receive a gift certificate for 1 free hike of their choice good for 1 year.
- All photographers chosen for thumbnails will receive 1 complimentary calendar and recognition.
- All photographers included in the calendar will be invited to the Photographer’s Reception in the early fall (exact date to be announced) at the Sutter Community Museum with an official unveiling of the calendar and a chance for the photographers to showcase another piece of original artwork at their discretion.
Tips for a successful submission:
- Do not overly edit any images or use excessive enhancements. If they look edited, we won’t use them.
- Send as many images as you’d like. The more we have to look at, the better your chances are for selection. Images with the Buttes in them in some capacity will take preference for a main month image.
- Do not send large files via email. Our server will reject the email.
Contact Maria Hanhardt at (530) 755-3568 or Info@SutterButtesLandTrust.org
Calendar Sponsorship Opportunities Available! Download the 2023 Calendar Sponsorship Form today and get a jump start on picking which month you would like reserved just for your logo and contact info.
RESOLUTION OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS / PUBLIC NOTICE
Whereas, it is SBRLT’s intention to approve the Danna Farms Agricultural Conservation Easement Acquisition, which includes the following:
- The acquisition of a conservation easement for the Danna Farms project, which will protect 875.95 acres of important agricultural land, open space and habitat, while also restricting the land to agricultural use, except for existing structures and other structures within designated building envelopes.
- Purchase price to be: $7,240,000
- The funding of the Purchase Price shall be provided by a grant from the California Department of Conservation, Sustainable Agriculture Lands Conservation Program and United States Department of Agriculture, Natural Resources Conservation Service Agricultural Conservation Easement Program.
- Seller Contribution to be provided by DANNA in the amount of:
Long-term Stewardship Endowment: $107,313
Donation to SBRLT Operations: $109,887
- Subject to the final approval by the SBRLT Board of Directors of all transaction documents and acceptance of said conservation easement.
WHEREAS, the proposed transaction will be for the benefit of the public, and is consistent with the requirements imposed on charitable gifts to organizations operating under Internal Revenue Code Section 501(c)(3) and California Revenue & Taxation Code Section 23701d; and
WHEREAS, the proposed transaction is consistent with the goals and purposes of SUTTER BUTTES REGIONAL LAND TRUST as set forth in its Articles of Incorporation;
THEREFORE BE IT RESOLVED, that SUTTER BUTTES REGIONAL LAND TRUST shall approve and accept, and hereby approves, accepts and ratifies, the transaction which is represented by the documents attached hereto and incorporated herein by reference.
BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED, that The Board approves Joe Reusser as the sole ‘Entity/Grantee’ signer for all Danna Farms conservation easement closing documents, including those referenced herein, which are required to consummate the proposed transaction according to its terms and conditions, and otherwise to proceed on behalf of the corporation to complete the proposed transaction.
The Sutter Buttes Regional Land Trust welcomes public comment on this resolution. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm on Thursday, February 3rd to ensure the board has time to review prior to their official vote on next Tuesday, February 8th.
North State Give and Take
Sutter Buttes Regional Land Trust Executive Director Lisa Lindman and Middle Mountain Interpretive Hikes Board President Greg Payne recently sat down with Bobbi Tryon, host for KZFR 90.1 FM “North State Give and Take” to discuss both organizations. Check out that interview here!
*Link not working? Copy/paste this into your search bar: http://www.kzfr.org/broadcasts/25819