2016 CALENDAR SPONSORSHIP OPPORTUNITIES NOW AVAILABLE
There is a mystery and an allure to the Sutter Buttes that affects us living in or traveling through California's Central Valley. The dramatic silhouette of this singular mountain range makes a compelling impression that can work for you.
The Sutter Buttes Regional Land Trust, a 501c(3) nonprofit and land trust organization, is assembling our 11th annual full color calendar of striking professional-quality photos of the Sutter Buttes.
You can show your support for the preservation of the “world’s smallest mountain range” with a $300 sponsorship. Your donation reserves a page for one month with your company name and tag line imprinted.
We go to press very soon, so time is limited. Please use the form below for your sponsorship and to reserve a month of your choice (on a first-come, first-served basis). We at SBRLT know first-hand how difficult funding choices are these days. Calendar sales contribute to our area conservation and education work.
You may contact Marni Harper at Marni@sutterbutteslandtrust.org or 530-755-3568 if you have additional questions.
All sponsors will receive three complimentary copies. The 2016 calendars will go on sale in August, 2015. We appreciate your continued support!
Download the form here.
Or to pay with credit card, use the paypal link below. There is a small convenience fee added on to all final purchases completed through Paypal.
11th ANNUAL CALENDAR PHOTO CONTEST HAS ENDED!
We are in awe of all the fantastic photos submitted for consideration to be used in the 2016 Sutter Buttes Calendar! Now comes the task of picking the winner of the cover photo! This year you can help us make this decision by voting for your favorite. Go to www.facebook.com/SutterButtesLandTrust and click on the album of the 13 images chosen for featured monthly photos and 'like' your favorite. The photo with the most 'likes' by end of day May 8th will be declared the cover winner!
11th ANNUAL CALENDAR PHOTO CONTEST
The Sutter Buttes Regional Land Trust has begun planning for the 2016 Sutter Buttes Calendar and invite you to participate by submitting photos for consideration. Deadline for submissions will be no later than noon on Monday, March 23, 2015.
Every year, we receive hundreds of photos from extremely talented photographers in the Northern California area, and it is this high caliber of artistic photos that have helped make this annual calendar fundraiser a huge success. Proceeds from the sales of this calendar help to fund the efforts of the non-profit organization to protect the land and natural resources of the Sutter Buttes and surrounding region for present and future generations.
Please note that some of our submission guidelines have been updated.
We are looking for images that capture the natural beauty of the Sutter Buttes region. Scenes can include, but are not limited to, the Sutter Buttes Mountains, local farm lands highlighting farming operations or activities, native fauna and flora, geological features, waterfowl habitats, unique natural or weather aerials or landscapes. Images that are obviously or heavily filtered, altered, or manipulated will not be considered.
All submissions are judged for originality, expression and quality. Each month features a full page photo and several thumbnails. All featured photographers will receive recognition as well as complimentary calendars. Photos will be chosen and photographers contacted by May 1st.
If you have any questions, please contact us at (530) 755-3568 or by email at Photos@sutterbutteslandtrust.org.
We look forward to seeing your submissions!
Submission Requirements & Directions
Deadline: Monday, March 23, 2015
Images must be:
1. 8 ½ x 11 high resolution at 300dpi
2. Name image files thus: Last name_ 2016 calendar_ number (1,2,3, etc.)
3. Be accompanied by a signed non-exclusive license release form (download here).
1. Online via dropbox.com or hightail.com to Photos@SutterButtesLandTrust.org
2. A CD or DVD to:
Sutter Buttes Regional Land Trust
PO Box 3359
Yuba City, CA 95992
3. Via email to Photos@SutterButtesLandTrust.org. **Files must be saved as small as possible in order to be accepted by our email server. They should be 900 pixels on the long side at 72dpi in order to be accepted.
1. All photographers chosen for a full page will receive 3 complimentary calendars, full recognition, and their biography included in the back. The photographer chosen for the cover will also receive a gift certificate for 1 free hike of their choice good for 1 year.
2. All photographers chosen for thumbnails will receive 1 complimentary calendar and recognition.
3. All photographers included in the calendar will be invited to the Photographer’s Reception in the early fall (exact date to be announced) at the Sutter Community Museum with an official unveiling of the calendar and a chance for the photographers to showcase another piece of original artwork at their discretion.
Tips for a successful submission:
1. Do not overly edit any images or use excessive enhancements. If they look edited, we won’t use them.
2. Send as many images as you’d like. The more we have to look at, the better your chances are for selection. Images with the Buttes in them in some capacity will take preference for a main month image.
3. Do not send large files via email. Our server will reject the email.
Contact Joe Reusser or Kim Mansfield at (530) 755-3568 or Photos@sutterbutteslandtrust.org.