Sutter Buttes Regional Land Trust (SBRLT) is a respected land conservation partner in representing the region. Our mission is to protect the land and natural resources of the Sutter Buttes and the surrounding region for present and future generations.
We have embarked on a comprehensive stewardship program expansion plan. The SBRLT currently is charged with managing and monitoring 6 holdings; 4 conservation easements and 2 in-fee properties in Sutter, Yuba and Colusa Counties.
Future plans for the organization include negotiating another agriculture easement of 600+ acres, and a Sutter Buttes Oak Woodlands project of 578 acres. To effectively expand capacity of the stewardship program, specific organizational elements must be funded and initiated (ongoing management and monitoring of current easements, local and regional mapping, equipment purchased, and stewardship personnel hired) so that SBRLT can continue to hold the esteemed status of an accredited land trust which allow us to better represent the land conservation interests for the region.
• Protect the natural, cultural, geological, historical, and scenic qualities of the Sutter Buttes.
• Identify prime agricultural lands and natural areas that preserve and enhance the unique characteristics of the region surrounding the Sutter Buttes.
• Build partnerships with landowners, community leaders, and developers to balance conservation with economic growth, flood protection, and water quality to help plan better communities.
• Respect landowners’ rights and provide information to those who want to conserve their land.
• Increase awareness of the SBRLT’s dedication to education, interpretation, and land conservation programs.
• Maintain an efficient, effective, and sustainable organization.
|OUR MISSION …
To protect the land and natural resources of the Sutter Buttes and the surrounding region for present and future generations.